Thursday 7 February 2013

Book.

Snippet of Chapter 1..

I'm working on a book. Here's a snippet of Chapter 1, should I continue?

_________________________________________________________________________________
In a state of bewilderment and confusion, I raised my tiresome head from the charred remains of corpses that plagued the ground below me. Regaining my thoughts of where I am, obstructed, momentarily, the sea of deformed skeletons that laid below. My recollection of events prior to my abrupt awakening were blurred and sporadically interrupted by the repugnant stench of rotting flesh that occupied the sinister surroundings, reminiscent of industrial pollution that pervades London town. After the mist of bemusement began to dissipate, the shadowy environment became clear. It became apparent that I was being overshadowed by an eerie Gothic Church, meticulously engraved in an alien language unbeknownst to anything I've seen before, its monstrous height extending towards the heavens shrouded in aphotic clouds. The Gothic architecture mimicking the malignant carpet that was beneath my feet as it became obvious that an unearthed cemetery was what I was standing upon. An overwhelming sense of dread fell upon my shivering body as the rapid palpitations acoustically illuminated the menacing surroundings. Before I could evaluate why I was in this ghastly predicament, a malevolent groan erupted from below, catalysing the instinct to seek the safety of the Church. Running frantically towards the confines of the Church, refusing to look back for the source of the utterance, the crunching of the corpses below eerily pierce my ears as I reach the deteriorating doors, the aegis that protects the mysterious interior.     
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment